Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Challenges Come, Challenges Go

I finally made another card!  The inspiration?  The continuation of this challenge was in jeopardy.   It's hard to find time to do everything you have to do much less things you want to do.  Not easy to make commitments.   Recently several blogs I follow have closed and/or stopped their challenges due to lack of participation.  Some of them I will really miss.  This made me question my participation. 

As a colorist I look for other people's images to color.   I can't draw a lick.  Believe me, I've tried.  Life is short.  The older you get, the more things you cross off your to-do list.  Drawing is one of my cross-offs, at least for the time being.  Most of the images I have were free images kindly offered by some very generous and talented folks.  There is something special about those who give away their good quality images without cost.  So I will continue to post my coloring swatches with these folks' images here as my way of saying thank you.

I entered this card into the Robert Jackson digi challenge over on Scraps of Color.  The theme was for what are you thankful.  I'm forever thankful for prayer.  What an awesome privilege!  To speak to the highest personage in the universe and be heard.  Never take it for granted.  I enjoyed making this card.  Tried to follow a sketch for the layout, but I cheated on the papers.  Used two-sided paper.  No matching problem there.  LOL



As always --
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments: