Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Little Something for Robert

Poor RJ is dealing with yet another death in his family.  I've gotten so used to posting for the challenges that I decided to go ahead and post this last one.   Over at Scraps of Color, our last Robert Jackson Digi challenge was featuring some exceptional women called "Black Girls Rock."  I completed three of them, Janelle Monea, Dionne Warwick, and now this one is Kerry Washington.  I colored her in Promarkers. 


One of the best features of Promarkers is showing on this coloring.  I still haven't learned when enough is enough.  As I was putting a second layer of color on her face, I decided it was too dark, so I didn't color over the eye area.  I didn't need a second layer of color.  That's what I like about Promarkers.  With each layer of color, you get a deeper darker color, which is why you can often shade and/or blend with the same marker.   As a "fix" I made it look like she's wearing eye shadow instead of considering it a total loss.  LOL

Do you like my fancy frame?  I cut it with my Cricut using the "Francy Frames" cartridge.  I finally learned how to make the frames to fit my 4 x 6 colorings.  This one is still a little off, but it came out so nice I wanted to show it to you guys.  It looks like it's flocked, but it's only black paper on top of Martha Stewart silver cardstock.

Hope your Sunday has been a good one.  As always...

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. I had no idea how wonderfully talented you were with your markers! You did an amazing job :)

    Lori
    Cricut Circle

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beautiful Sweetpea. Love the frame and your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful. Love the color you ended up with her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you did a great job! I've never heard of this company or the stamps so I am headed over to find the website right now! Thanks for sharing.

    La-Vie
    http://www.cestla-viedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete