Wednesday, December 12, 2012

My New Maggie

If you've been with me awhile, you know how I love my Maggies, Magnolia Tilda, that is.  Tilda got me started with stamping.  That cute little face is adorable, and they were always colored so pretty.  I decided I wanted to color some of my own.  Now I have a nice collection of Tilda stamps.  It would be hard to pick one to part with.

This newest Maggie is called "Tilda with Corn" from the Turning Leaves Collection for fall 2012.  I colored her in Promarkers because I just got the Limited Edition Autumn of 2012 colors.  Her hair is done in Copics -- E25, E31, E34.  Her skin colors are Coral, Pale Pink, and Blush.  Isn't she just the cutest!  Makes me want to pinch her little cheeks. 
 

I used a white Sharpie paint pen for highlighting.  One good thing about the Sharpie white paint pen is, if you put too much, which I'm more likely to do than not, it dries, and you can scratch it off and do it over with no muss, no fuss.  My kind of pen.

I'll be working on some step-by-step pics on techniques and combos.  If there's something you would like to see, just let me know, and we'll work on it together.  Someone mentioned a problem with blue/black hair combos, so that will most likely be the first up.

Now I have a question.  Is there a blending system with Promarkers like the Copic system, you know, with the numbers and letters on the caps?  I'll post your answer here so we can all learn about it together.

Thanks in advance, and, as always -- 
Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Cute! How long do we have to wait to see the entire project? :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cutie! Makes me anxious for life to slow down so I can find me some coloring time! Need to brush up on my copic skills and improve on a lot of them! Your tip with the highlights pen is re-assuring to know as I am always afraid I will over do it!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She looks adorable! :) Great job on the coloring. You really added some nice dimension to her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, ladies.
    I've been trying to do cards for the last three years, and it's been hit and miss, but mostly they suck. So I decided to take some time from the cards and just color. I've been working with my Cricut Fancy Frames cartridge for framing and matting as I do like to give them away to friends and family. That's today! Who knows what tomorrow will bring. You know how temperamental we artists can be. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a nice job with her. The coloring has paid off.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice job with your coloring!

    ReplyDelete