Saturday, October 27, 2012

Freebies, Oopsies, and Colorless Blenders

Okay, so today my freebies comes from Cleah Valero.  Cleah doesn't post often, but she has some real cuties.

For those of you who have been here from the start, you know how hard it is for me to stay in the lines.   I've gotten some better staying in the lines, but learning how to use my colorless blender properly has been the key to fixing what may look like a mess.

This image was colored using Copics.



You can clean this up with your blender with just the slightest touch to the paper.  I'd always wonder how can I clean this up without saturating the paper with the blender?  Now I know that you can barely touch the blender to the paper to push the color back into place.


I went over this one three or four times to keep from saturating the paper with the blender.  Patience.  Patience.  Patience.


Once upon a time I would have trashed this with so many oopsies. Or colored over that buckle with a dark color.  Now I know that if I keep a light hand with the blender and throw in some patience, my coloring will be usable, sometimes without a hint there ever was an oopsie.


Looks clean as a whistle.

And here's the final product.   So cute!


Thanks so much to all of you who have been helping me with your tips and suggestions.  I do hope those who are hesitant to try coloring will try it.  Most of what I learn about Copic coloring has been on the MB and YouTube.  So I'm trying to pay it forward and encourage those who want to color to color.  You just have to do it.  Practice, practice, practice, then practice some more. 

You don't have to start with expensive Copics.   You can start with Bic Mark-It markers, Promarkers, any alcohol based markers will work to get you started.  Using Promarkers have actually helped me work with my Copics better.  I really like the Promarkers.  If you start with Promarkers, you can get some good coloring, and that may be all you need.  Not everybody needs or wants Copics.  Promarkers will work just fine. 

The biggest difference between Promarkers and Copics are the variety of colors.  After using Copic markers, you kind of feel Promarker has some colors missing.  If you start with Promarkers, you probably won't notice the difference.  You can mix the two together.  I suggest you use the colorless blender that come with each set of  markers, though.  I don't like the Promarker blender for Copics and vice versa.  You have to work with them and get the feel of your own style and what works for you.

Had another Cleah Valero to share, but this post has gone long enough.  So that one will have to wait until next time.

As always --

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. I have also found out to have paper underneath when you use the blender so the color will transfer to the paper below and like you said patience!

    ReplyDelete